Thursday, April 12, 2012

Quick note!

I don't have the time for a 'normal' post but just wanted to share two amazing things that happened today (they didn't really happen, but they WILL be happening in upcoming months!!)


1) I signed up today to do the Color Run in Philadelphia on July 8th!! SO excited since this will be my first 5k AND I get splattered with color as I do it!! How awesome, right? I think this is the *perfect* beginner's race for me since it's not about your time, speed, etc. I just want to get out there and have fun (and my friends will be there with me!) Super excited...


and


2) I want to participate in the Great Urban Race when it hits town on September 15th. I have read about Sheryl's adventures with it and was super jealous until I realized 'hey, I can try and find one, too!'--and so I did! I am going to get Will and possibly my friends Amy and Ed to join us and have a team of 4. I know it might be challenging, but above all, it gets me out, it gets me active, and it's a great chance to see the city of Philadelphia (which I love, and yet never really experience). 


I know it seems silly to be this excited over 2 events but to anyone who doesn't know me, this is HUGE for me. I have never participated in anything like either of these, I've never exercised at a public event, paid to run in a 5k, etc. The "new" me is excited to become active and challenge myself, mentally and physically. 


I love it! I hope new opportunities like these keep coming my way and allowing me to get out there and see what I'm made of!
(Jaim, we are doing our trip next year!!)


I'll write a better post tomorrow. Have a good day/night! <3
xo

1 comment:

  1. SILLY ?? Yeahhh right! IT IS EXCITING!! I can't wait to hear about it!! I love doing these things and of course - the free t-shirts ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete