Monday, February 27, 2012

This not That.

Happy Monday! Ok, not really since no one likes Mondays but I am happy to be writing again. I have found that trying to type on here with my iPhone or iPad is slower than using my computer here at work. I guess because I have an actual keyboard here? haha. But in any case, I was anxious to write.

I kind of fell off the wagon food-wise this weekend. I TRIED to make wise choices, but found myself out a lot, which makes me feel the need to indulge. I did good Friday night at Audra's, since her pizza used whole wheat crust and spinach and was lower in calories than a normal slice of greasy pizza but since she's a baker, she had cupcakes. I.cannot.resist.a.cupcake. So I had one. Not as bad caloric-wise as I thought, but still bad. I went over my allotted calories :(
And then on Saturday, we went to Chili's. I clearly can also not resist chips and skillet queso. I did have a salad as my entree, but it was HUGE and did not have the healthiest of items on there. It did have avocado, eggs, peppers, tomatoes...but also had cheese, bacon amd ranch dressing (even though I did ask for the low-fat ranch instead of the avocado-ranch). I also indulged in a skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks, but have learned to have those once in awhile and since they are under 100 calories, I don't feel SO bad. But just overall, I know I failed this weekend. I also did not walk or workout (except I did do a lot of walking around the museum yesterday) so that also reflects in my downfall. 

I AM motivated today though. Something Audra showed me the other night was this Jillian Michael's DVD that she said really works you out. I got it and Mom and I are going to try it tonight. I'm kind of nervous, but also anxious to get a work-out in and hopefully feel the burn! haha. 

Audra also turned me on to the "This not That" books. I LOVE THEM! I wanted the one she had, but the only one my Target had was the Supermarket Survival Guide, which I got and was instantly amazed by the products I have been buying (and eating!) that aren't as "healthy" as I thought. The bread I use every morning here isn't good for me, nor is the peanut butter I thought was better since it's "natural." So right away, I learned several pieces of info that have instantly helped me see the light! I love it! Now I can make much better choices AND navigate the supermarket better with the new tips and tricks the book has taught me. I really want to buy the other ones as well, so that I can see what to eat vs.  what I would have eaten and to further enlighten myself. I am just really happy to have lots of reading materials lately that are bettering myself! Between these and the HG book, I am excited to do my research :)

I had a list of stuff I wanted to do this weekend--including updating my stupid phone--but of course, didn't get to it. I find that I wake up on Saturdays and get engrossed in my shows from the week and don't feel like doing things I don't want to do, lol. So I didn't. But I seriously need to. Maybe before we leave on Thursday (yay for our Poconos getaway!) I will attempt to update my phone, but I foresee issues with that--and I don't wanna screw up my phone and then not have it for the trip! But I will do it soon, I promise.

It is supposed to be 60 by the time I leave work, so I'm extra excited that spring is almost here! Lots of plans coming up in March/April and I can't wait :)

This week--Poconos for 3 days
March--baby shower, wedding, our anniversary :)
April--Michael Jackson Cirque du Soleil and seeing Nikki out in PA!

All lots of fun and it makes me happy to have things to look forward to. AND I hope weight loss is also something I can look forward to, if I stick with it and work hard. No more slacking and making excuses. I want to be able to wear shorts this summer and not have to worry about my cellulite or gross, untoned legs!

Guess I had better get back to work, but wanted to share this super cute pic of Mom and I from the Franklin Institute yesterday, as we were waiting to go in and see our IMAX show about "Tornado Alley":
It won't let me rotate it! haha. I don't know what I'm doing so maybe it's easy and I just don't know how, but it won't let me make it upright. In any case, you get my drift. 

4 comments:

  1. Cute picture! Gorgeous hair!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thanks girl! :) how do i rotate it? hahaha. I am so challenged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did you do it on your phone or on the computer? I have no idea how to on the phone!

      Delete
  3. i did it on the computer! lol. but i didnt see a rotate option...

    ReplyDelete