Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Jaime Rose knows....

...Nothing? Well, it's not that I don't know anything...but...I just sometimes feel like I don't. I started this blog to hopefully shed some light on my life and give me some clarity, but I know it will be a work in progress (to say the least!)
I always considered myself a smart girl, but I often times feel like I went off track somewhere. I know you're thinking, "well, get back on the saddle!" LOL...but it's not that easy. I think the biggest challenge is to first face where I went "wrong" and go from there.....sound like a plan?

Here are my goals I want to accomplish this year (and yes, I know I'm almost 2 months late in making New Year's resolutions but hey, I do what I want :) )
-- figure out what "career" I want/what makes me happy
--lose about 20 pounds
--become healthy and active---EXERCISE and learn to enjoy it
--learn how to save money and budget better (bye bye random spending)
--overall, just be happy and satisfied :)

So, on that note, let me introduce myself. I'm Jaime, and I'm 28 years old (almost 29, yikes!!) and I live in NJ. I graduated from college in 2005 with a degree in Communications/Journalism, and while I LOVE to write, I never ended up using my degree. I work for a CD/DVD manufatcuring company as a work flow coordinator, and while it's not my dream job, I work with a lot of awesome people and am able to support myself, so I guess that counts for something.
I love shopping--mainly for clothes, but I don't mind shoes either! Some would say I have a problem, based on how my closets look :) haha. I also love jewelry and BOOKS. Books are my world, I love reading that much! I love getting lost in a good story and connecting with the characters....ahh, I'm such a dork and I don't care one bit!
I have one brother, and the most amazing parents on this planet <3 I also have a dachshund named Sam, and he is the sweetest, funniest little dog ever. I have an amazing boyfriend named Will, and he is the love of my life, hands down. All in all, I have a pretty good life and I am thankful for ALL of my blessings, big or small.

But...I need change. I need to make myself happy, first and foremost. I want to look in the mirror and love what I see..and right now, I'm not able to embrace that like I should. So, here begins my journey to self-discovery and what path I was meant to take. We get one life, and I want to truly live mine!!

On that note, I'm going to finish up my slice of toast with peanut butter, log it in my food journal (oh yes, I'm serious about this weight loss thing!) and get some work done before my boss realizes I like blogging better than getting paid! lol. Hope to be back soon with some more wit and insight!

No comments:

Post a Comment