Wednesday, January 2, 2013

And so 2013 has arrived.

Happy New Year to my few followers and blog readers! Haha, I find it funny that I complained in my last post about bloggers falling off the face of the earth and then I go and do the same thing!
But, my motivation and desire to write had been waning...and let's face it, no one is reading this anyway :)

So yeah. 2013 and all that crap. It's here. This year, I didn't make any special resolutions, because clearly I suffer from ADD and don't ever follow through on any of them. Let's just say that I want to lose some weight (as always), become smarter (as if I can read any more books! I just keep buying and buying and reading and reading...love it), experience new things, whether it's a new job, new travels, or just new food (because we all know eating is my #1 past time--refer to pseudo-resolution #1 about losing weight!), and just be happy. I'd like to say that I will get engaged this year (since that seems to be the topic of discussion for EVERYONE in my friends and family) and plan a wedding, but we all know that women don't hold that power in the universe and will forever be waiting on a man for that special moment ;) But, I have faith in Will. He knows what's good for him...LOL.

I actually took off this year for the holidays and had 11 straight days off. It was HEAVEN! Did I clean out my closets like I planned, you ask?
No. *Ashamed face*
Did I instead catch up on Dexter with April like I had planned?
No. *Double ashamed face*

So what DID I do with all this time off? Well, clearly shopping was a given (Will even participated this time, encouraging my habit since he was SO grateful I used my Christmas bonus to buy him an iPad mini...lolz). I also saw the Hobbit (loved!), ate at various restaurants to satisfy my hunger habit, and spent time with my family. It was really nice.

Was I depressed to wake up for work this morning? You betcha. I'm still in denial that I am actually at this desk, typing with these fingers, when they should be wrapped around a pint of ice cream and a glass of wine. But, what will be, will be I suppose :-/

New developments on the job front though. Nothing I want to talk about just yet (and it's not even anything crazy exciting that makes me want to pee myself so don't pee yourself over there either!) but it's news. And any news is good news...right? RIGHT! (says the super positive Jaime of 2013...I kid, I kid. Sarcasm is still full force, don't worry guys).

Anyway, that's about all I have to say at the moment. I hope 2013 is all we hope for, and more!
Xo.

1 comment:

  1. I took off this past holiday too and it was wonderful. And like you, I did absolutely nothing I had planned. But at least we still enjoyed ourselves! Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete