Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July Foodie Penpals!

Yes, I know. It's been like 2000 years since I last wrote, but here I am again to reveal some amazing treats from yet another penpal. I can't thank Lindsay enough for setting up this program! It seriously is SO fun, and I seriously act like a 4th grader anticipating my box of goodies. I regret that I am not going to be able to participate for the month of August (I go on vacation the week the boxes are sent and received, and I wouldn't want my box of deliciousness sitting out front of my house for my neighbor to steal. Or having it melt). So, I will re-join in September and from then on, I'm set!

So, let's get to it, shall we?


This month, I'd like to thank Alyssa for sending me my treats! Alyssa is a fellow blogger who actually doesn't live too far from me (we're Facebook friends now, woot woot!) and was kind enough to send me some of her favorite snacks.
Alyssa included some crackers (which I am now obsessed with because I love ANYTHING almond), some fruit & but trail mix (which I have already consumed in like 3 sittings...can I have some more? haha) and some blueberry muffin oatmeal, which I have brought to work with me and am just dying to try!

Here is a better shot of everything all at once. She included a super sweet handwritten card (love the stationary) too, which I love! I'm such a sucker for anything handwritten--it's so much nicer than an email, ya know? Oh, and that water she sent me (that she enjoys after a workout) will be used tonight after I exercise! I love flavored waters that help restore electrolytes and all that jazz, so that is awesome that she thought to include it for me to try it!

And yes, I saved my favorite shot for last. In addition to my (unhealthy) obsession with anything almond-related, she also included some CHOCOLATE for me (and as a sidenote, you are super sweet for sending dairy, nut & soy free products--you never know what people's food requirements are!). I haven't tried either of them yet (i've been saving them for the weekend, haha) but I can't wait. Anything chocolatey (and with a crisp of rice!) is heaven and I am beyond excited.

If any of you who happen to stumble across my page are interested in hearing about the program, here's some info direct from Lindsay's blog:



Here’s a detailed explanation of the program:
-On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treatsThe spending limit is $15The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents. 
So with that being said, I hope my penpal for this month, Crystal, enjoys her box of treats and I look forward to joining the yumminess again in September! Happy (and healthy) eating everyone!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment